Alright, so I received some very exciting news!
One of my oldest and dearest friends is getting married!! In May.
That means I have had to rethink my weight loss goals just a little , by rethink I mean become a little more specific. Before my weight loss goal was to lose 38 kgs by my birthday at the end of the year.
Now my weight loss goal is to lose at least 15 kgs by the wedding. Not counting the 4 kgs that I've already lost.
Alright so now I'm off to find some motivating pictures of my future wedding guest dress and to do my 40 minute totally kicking my butt workout.
Sunday, February 28, 2016
I am so excited to say that my "big thing" is going well!
For those that haven't read my previous post...the "big thing" is actually my weight loss journey. It started off slow but I'm starting to get the hang of this.
So far I have lost 4 kgs. That's 8.8 pounds. Way to go me!!
And no need to remind me that a good part of that 8 pounds is water weight. I know all to well about that. Actually, most of my life I've struggled with my weight. Except back then I really had no motivation to keep it off. Now I do.
My Top 5 Reasons For Getting Healthy & Slim:
- My Health: My BMI is sadly in a very bad place as is my weight. Which means my health isn't all that great either. I want to be healthy and to not have to worry about my health being affected by my weight.
- My children: They are the most important people to me and they deserve a healthy mom. A mom that can run around with them without feeling like her heart is going to burst out of her chest and her lungs going to collapse. I want to see them grow up , get married, have children...and for that I need to be at a healthy weight.
- My husband: He is so amazing. He has supported me through everything. The least I can do is become a healthier me. So that we have a bigger chance at growing old together.
- Myself: I deserve so very much to be happy and healthy. And I can be neither at the weight that I'm at. My health is threatened and my happiness is always a roller coaster ride. I want to live life without fretting that my clothes don't fit, that my health is shot, that I might end up dead before my time because of this extra weight.
- Clothes: Clothing for big people sucks. Seriously, there is such a lack of pretty clothes for big people. It's like the manufacturers purposely make ugly clothes to inspire big people to try to lose weight. When you're a big person nothing fits right or looks good. I always struggle buying myself clothes because nothing looks nice or attractive. Plus, I get so very embarrassed buying from the XL section. Also, I have a big closet filled with beautiful clothes from before my weight gain. I'd like to wear them again. Not as important of a reason as my other ones but to me it still makes the list!
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
It has been forever since my last post.
I almost forgot I even had a blog! Silly me.
Life here at the everydaymommy's headquarters has been busy and chaotic. People coming and going. Children growing and exploring. Mommy trying out new recipes and organizational tactics. Daddy working and learning.
Yep. We've all been busy.
But I'm starting to get the hang of being a Mommy of two. It's definitely not easy. And I'm starting to understand more and more some of the difficulties parents of twins go through. It's definitely no walk in the park.
Right now probably one of the biggest things happening around here is my weight loss journey. Yes, you read that right. My next step in improving myself is my weight. No worries I'm still working on the other stuff too but this is "THE BIG ONE"... laughing out loud here.
Alright so, now that you all know that we're alive and well. And definitely back in the busy world of blogging. I'm going to have to stop this post. The boys are still sleeping and I would like to also get in a workout while I can.
I'm going to make sure to download the blogger app and do some mobile posts when I'm putting the boys to sleep that way I won't be so dependent on using the laptop.
What's wrong with using the laptop you ask? Nothing, except it's never free anymore. Ha.
Baby J. has discovered the joy of listening to music and seeing videos and he loves seeing the kids singing so as soon as I turn on the laptop it becomes "Baby J.'s music time". Then in the evening hubby takes over using it to do research and learn the bookish stuff about being a mechanic. So unless I want to stay up until 10-11 when the laptop is no longer being used...and I don't...trust me, I've got to find another way to blog.
Sleep is important to me, I'm sure you understand.
Alright so about 10 sentences ago I said I got to go.
I'm going...no really I am.