Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Who Said Pregnancy Was All About The Glow?


This pregnancy has fairly flown by.

I'm not exactly sure how I went from being in the first trimester to nearing the end of the third. It's a little bit baffling. To be completely honest I don't mind at all that the time has gone by so fast. I'm so excited to meet the newest little member of our family that I'm praying the rest of the time goes by just as fast. Even though I know Little VP needs to stay 'in' for as long as possible I'm hoping he'll join us before we reach the due date of August 6th. August seems to be forever away while the end of July seems so much closer. 

Can you fault me for being impatient about meeting my little one? I didn't think so.

One of the things I've noticed with this pregnancy is just how different it is compared to my pregnancy with Baby J. This time around I actually felt pregnant...so to say. With Baby J. I just felt like I was my normal self but with a few "hiccups" along the way. 

Which is what made me think of jotting down a little list of my 
Top Four Not So Nice Ways I Know I'm Pregnant This Time Around. After all there are so many ladies that rave about the perks of pregnancy I thought it would only be fair to share the not so nice parts as well. Don't worry I skipped diarrhea and constipation. Nobody wants the details on those!!

Here we go:

  1. Morning Sickness - Seriously, this time around I totally understood what all the other ladies meant when they said they had to deal with it morning, noon, and at night. I finally got to join the club with Little VP.
  2. Heat Waves- I don't know if that's the right way to describe it but it seems just right to me. I seem to be under attack by the most ferocious heat waves ever. The funny thing is I'm the only one suffering from them. I literally burn up every couple of minutes and have the hardest time cooling off. An indoor pool would be such a blessing right about now!
  3. Varicose Veins- Until now, I didn't even know that pregnancy could cause these. But after spotting the little monsters on my own two legs, well I've become better informed. Their not painful or all that big so far which makes me as happy as anyone with non-painful varicose veins can be. 
  4. Aching Hips & Legs - Recently it doesn't matter if I sleep on my left or right side my hips HURT. Bad. I've actually taken to sleeping sitting up most night because the pain gets so intense if I lie down on my hips for a prolonged period of time. My legs are no better, they seem to cramp up every couple of minutes which means that most of the night is spent walking around trying to get them to relax or if not then trying to get a few winks of sleep before the next bout hits.
These are the things that have made me very aware that I am pregnant with our second child. Baby J.'s pregnancy was so uneventful (well except for two separate scares) that I tended to forget that I was pregnant most of the time. No such luck this time. This just brings home the point that "each pregnancy is different". 

No comments:

Post a Comment